1923 Face of the Day: Distracting Blue

14.6.12

Ha, yes you all will see me looking a little bit less of myself. Actually with just foundation, powder and no smile. I actually had done all my contouring and highlighting in this picture though.

It was a saturday and I was a bit restless so I decided to do something i had never done before - play with makeup for no reason at all. Strange but I am constantly of the opinion that my face should breath every chance it gets especially due to the fact that my recent breakouts have not let up and so i can't go anywhere without makeup on *sigh*


So here is the look I played around with. I am not quite impressed with it. It goes to show that I am not yet able to successfully play with colour on myself especially when compared with the fact that I have no qualms about layering colour on others. 

I wanted to play around with some of the Zaron e/s that were a bit on the colourful side and which I would not be comfortable wearing to work (not that I can't though. Not just comfortable with).


I used Mary Kay 507 & 600 foundations, Sleek powders and the GW shimmer blush.


Eyes:
Zaron brow definer set
Zaron Summer Sunset duo set on my lid(i mixed both shades) and the Summer Fester trio (blue) under eye area.
Orekelewa twist-up pencil for my waterline and lashline
Zaron volumising mascara in black

Lips:
Zaron Plum Rose l/g
me playing with the mirror
What do you all think? More work on my colour techniques right? I feel the same too

Barbara & 1923. Beauty & Life © . Theme by STS.